Legends of the Last Avatar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An au RP forum based on the Avatar: The Last Airbender series. Make a character and live out your bending dreams, with some added twists and turns from the show.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Important Peopls

Fire Lord Huo Shan
Earth King: Verrock
Tribal Leader: Ryūnosuke Himura
Air Guru: None
Latest topics
» Rendezvous in a Secret Place
Bending System Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 7:15 pm by Baritone

» Enter the White Lotus
Bending System Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 6:52 pm by Kuzon

» Intercepting Fist
Bending System Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 6:33 pm by Kuzon

» Baritone Rolls
Bending System Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 1:52 pm by Kuzon

» Baritone Update
Bending System Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 1:06 pm by Kuzon

» Baritone Sonnet
Bending System Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 1:03 pm by Kuzon

» Kuzon's Updates
Bending System Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 9:14 pm by Kuzon

» Kuzon's Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandkid... Kuzon
Bending System Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 7:23 pm by Kuzon

» Hiatus Over! [Reopening?!]
Bending System Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 7:19 pm by Kuzon

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posters
Kuzon
Bending System I_vote_lcapBending System I_voting_barBending System I_vote_rcap 
Verrock
Ryūnosuke Himura
Fong
Zach
Amon
Ginara
Okami
Huo Shan
Alucard

Bending System

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kuzon
Kuzon

Bending System Empty
PostSubject: Bending System   Bending System Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 8:28 am

Here at Legends we offer a bit more than what you see in the canon of avatar. We allow one to learn not one, but TWO elements upon training and meeting certain other requirements. Below I will break down "your first Element", "Your Second Element", "Sub-Elements" and "Custom Elements".

-Note: The BENDING SKILL is ONLY available to BENDERS-

Your First Element

Here, I will list the original four elements from the show, though, these aren't your only options and you are able to create your own should you have an idea for it. Each element, comes with its own set of abilities and potential character traits outside of just controlling Water, Earth, Fire, or Air. When making a character, you should definitely take these into account.

Your first element is free!

Water
Positive Trait: Tranquility
Negative Trait: Indecisiveness
Strength: Fire
Weakness: Lightning/Air
Small Description: Water Benders can be as tranquil and relaxed as the water and waves they bend.  Water Benders are known to be adaptable, yet hardy, and are famous for their lax attitude.  This tranquil, adaptable nature often means Water Benders can be indecisive at best.  Their nature is to adapt to what comes, and prepare for anything, but it does not apply to making decisions, especially tough ones.  It is not easy for a Water Bender to balance Tranquility and responsible decision making without feeling like they are giving up a part of themselves. Water benders get +20% to the “Chi Control” stat.

Earth
Positive Trait: Stability
Negative Trait: Stubbornness
Strength: Air/Water
Weakness: Fire/Lightning
Small Description: Earth is a hardy element by nature.  It is rarely easy to move a large rock, let alone a mountain.  Earth Benders are oft the same.  Immovable like a mountain, Earth Benders stand against all adversity and nay-Sayers to prove themselves and stand their ground.  Much like Fire Benders, an Earth Bender's stability makes them both a shoulder to learn on and a highly competitive force to be reckoned with.  It is not easy to make an Earth Bender submit or give up once they've put their mind to something.  Yet sometimes this natural hardiness can become stubbornness.  Like the rocks they bend, Earth Benders can be incredibly thick headed, traditional, rigid, and above all, stubborn and impossible.  Earth Benders should strive for balance, and learning to remain resolute and sturdy, but flexible enough that they may be occasionally "bent" like the rocks they throw. Earthbenders get +20% to the “Endurance” stat.

Fire
Positive Trait: Passion
Negative Trait: Fury
Strength: Earth/Air
Weakness Water
Small Description: Fire Benders are a proud people.  They carry a unique burden of being both creators and destroyers.  Fire can give warmth, and life, but it can also destroy, and kill.  Similarly, Fire Benders are strong and passionate, as lovers, friends, and anything else.  Industrious and outgoing, Fire Benders do not like to be outdone, and as such are incredibly competitive.  Unfortunately, that passion can often go to far, and become fury, and rage.  Uncontrolled and angry, Fire Benders are a danger to all and should not be taken lightly.  A Fire Bender must seek balance between Passion and Fury. Fire benders get +20% to the “Strength” stat.

Air
Positive Trait: Cunning
Negative Trait: Passiveness
Strength: Water
Weakness: Fire/Earth
Small Description: Air Benders have a natural aversion to open conflict and violence.  This has made them incredibly cunning individuals in and out of a fight.  Air Benders are famous for their cut-and-run maneouvers, and their ability to settle a fight without harming or touching their opponent.  Quick-witted, Air Benders make great jesters, and are naturally funny and fun to be around.  Being one with the wind, and able to fly, either by Bison or Glider, Air Benders have a natural unity with Freedom that is unmatched by any other element.  Unfortunately, whether the highly monastic lifestyle, ridicule from other benders, isolationism, too much freedom, high altitudes, or a little of everything, Air Benders are perhaps the most naturally passive of all benders. They will avoid doing what is sometimes necessary due to their natural aversion to conflict. Air Benders get +20% to the “Speed” stat.

When choosing your first Element, you have two options, you may either choose an element and then start at that particular elemental nation, OR choose a nation and receive a random element through a roll of dice.

Dice will be listed below.

1 - Water - Water Tribes
2 - Earth - Earth Kingdom
3 - Fire - Fire Nation
4 - Air - Air Temples
Back to top Go down
https://l-o-l-a.forumotion.com
Kuzon
Kuzon

Bending System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bending System   Bending System Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 3:07 pm

Secondary Element

You can learn a secondary element or do a diceroll to choose it for you. When choosing this, you must realize it comes with a few rules and regulations to make sure you dont just wake up one day as a master Fire bender who can also bend water at a mastery level. Also note: If your first element directly conflicts with your second, then the second is twice as difficult to learn.

It takes 5 training points to learn a second element.

One must be AT LEAST 16 to begin learning a second element.

One must have mastered at LEAST one Sub-Element of their Primary Element before learning a second element.

One must have endured a PHYSICAL TRAUMA: (Near Death Experience)

One must have endured an EMOTIONAL TRAUMA: (Death of a Loved one, Tragedy in the Family, etc...)

Once you meet all of the above requirements, you may begin training a second element, the only exception to this is the Avatar.

Sub-Elements

Sub-Elements are those that are founded on the principles of a primary element, but are then used in a different form than normal. Some Sub-Elements may even require one to be able to use Two elements before you can learn it.

It takes 10 training points to learn a sub-element, and 15 to learn a combined element sub-element.

One must have fully Mastered the element(s) required before you can begin working on a sub-element.

Waterbending Sub-Elements

Healing - Water benders are able to use the unique properties of water in order to bring healing to those that come into direct contact with their water that is currently being manipulated. This can range from healing small wounds all the way up to saving a life. It cannot however naturally bring someone back from the dead.

Ice Bending - Water benders who are so skilled at water bending, that their abilities extend to the manipulation and even conjuration of ice, to the point where they can bend it to their whim as if it were a fluid itself. Ice bending is a powerful and very handy ability, being utilized for both offensive and defensive purposes.

Blood Bending - The ability to control the life giving liquid in ones body, the user can withdraw it and use it as an attack form. Another ability that they can use this for is stopping blood flow in certain areas of their body in order to stop a massive loss of blood. This ability is very useful for medical personnel.

Earthbending Sub-Elements

Crystal Bending - The ability to bend various gems found within the earth, though Metal and Earth bending are more useful in combat.  Crystal bending can be used to bend gems and precious crystals found in the earth, however due to the scarcity of gems in certain areas, this skill is taught mostly to Earth Kingdom Miners, Jewel-Crafters and Jewellers, though select few have taken it up as an art.

Metal Bending - The ability to bend metal and metal alloys within the Earth, or around you.  Anything from gold, silver, and even iron (so long as it is a metal) can be bent through this form of bending.  It takes a long time to learn and master, and even longer to reach the point in Earth Bending where you can begin using this, however, those who can have a good asset in a fight.

Sand Bending - The ability to bend and control up to large masses of finely grained sand and utilize it in battle. Unlike normal earth, sand is a lot more fluidity to it's movement, allowing it to be manipulated in a way that has only ever been seen with water bending. Sand bending is a powerful form of earth bending, being able to be utilized as both a means of offense as well as defense. Benders who use sand bending are also able to crush other minerals such as pure rock to create more sand in which they can use in battle.

Firebending Sub-Elements

Lightning Bending - The ability to call forth Lightning and bend it to the users will. The lightning is as fast as the speed of sound, if not slightly slower. This ability takes a lot out of the user, but is very useful because of it's speed and damaging power. The user must first take three seconds to conduct the lightning however.  Skilled Lightning benders have the ability to use Lightning bending for anything from medical purposes and for creating puppets out of people by using thin, finely controlled electric threads to manipulate the nerves of the target. Benders with Master skill or higher in the bending skill tree will be able to redirect lightning back at an enemy or a different target. In addition those under Master ranking will also have a slight chance to redirect lightning by rolling a 10 sided die, rolling 6 or higher will allow those under expert ranking to direct the lightning. Rolling 5 or lower will cause a great damage to the users body lowering all their stats by half for the remainder of the fight.

Magma Bending - The abiltiy to create or control existsing magma and lava and bend it to the users will. The magma is a sturdy and very hot subtances capable of completely defending against fire attacks as well as metaling even through iron bending and humans body as easily as breathing. This is a very powerful and rare form of bendings but skilled users of fire and earth bending will be able to make a makeshift batch of lava or magma anywhere.

Airbending Sub-Elements

Sound Bending - A specialized form of Air Bending in which air benders can create or manipulate existing sound waves to their whim. The sound waves can be increased in frequency, force, speed, or even thickness. The power of this ability is determined by the user's rank. The users themselves can even build up air in their ears to make them immune to high frequency sound waves, but the user must be a Master of Air bending in order to clog air in their ears, because if they make a mistake their head will explode. Sound benders can even create new sound-waves to utilize in battle instead of only being able to manipulate existing ones.

Smoke Bending - The ability to manipulate or create smoke. Smoke can be moved with simple hand movements, and created by first forming it in the lungs, and exhaling. While not useful for directly damaging opponents, smoke can blind opposition, to create a getaway opportunity.
Warning: Chi-made smoke is EXTREMELY flammable, and will explode at the slightest spark.

Last edited by Kuzon on Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kuzon
Kuzon

Bending System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bending System   Bending System Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 3:07 pm

Combined Element Sub-Elements

Steam Bending - A true master of water/Air bending is able to convert their water or ice into steam, controlling it similar to a mixture of Airbending and Water Bending.

Scorch Bending - The ability to bend heat to the point of being able to scorch things instantly by touching them, combines Fire/Airbending at their highest degree.. no pun intended. People are turned into mummies that look as if they have been left out in the desert for decades, while entire forests are reduced to ashes and wastelands. It is a very hard skill to learn as it focuses fire/Air down to just the heat, and is only learned and taught by skilled masters, royals and Avatars.

Lava Bending - A skilled user of Fire/Earthbending is able to create and manipulate lava in all of its forms. This includes molten lava itself, noxious gasses, obsidion or even some forms of sulphuric acid.

Vibration Bending - The ability to combine Air/Earthbending to create and control vibrations for varying purposes. Things such as creating concussive blasts, seismic anomalies, or even blocking attacks by vibrating the air or earth around the user.

Custom Elements

Here you may even create your own Elements/Sub-Elements by applying for them in the appropriate area. These should be something fundamentally different than what we already have listed above and will be graded on a case by case basis. If staff fails to see how your concept is fundamentally different or unique compared to other allowed elements, we may not approve it.

BENDING: THE RULES Laughing

So you may notice, that you have a “chi pool” stat and a “chi control” stat. These directly effect benders!

Each post that you bend, you use up your chi pool, and eventually will be too tired to bend! You’ll need to give your body a break and let your pool build back up!

Basic Elements - 10 Chi/post

Sub-Elements - 50 Chi/post

Combined Elements Sub-Elements - 100 Chi/post

The “chi control” stat shows how powerful your bending is. Each time you use it to attack or defend, you multiply this stat by 2. This gives the power/defense of your bending. If you combine your bending with another bender or group of benders, this multiple increases by 1. (I.e. 2 benders = 3x, 3 benders = 4x, etc...)

If you run out of chi, each character regains chi equal to their chi control stat. Each point, is 10 chi points per post that they regain, provided they are not bending.
Back to top Go down
Verrock
Earth King
Earth King
Verrock

Bending System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bending System   Bending System Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 8:27 pm

Bending/Constitution Arts

Among Benders and Non Benders, there are those who create or master unique techniques that manifest in many different ways. One may learn to harness their spiritual connection alongside their physical control in order to augment their physical capabilities or bending. One may mix their mastery over an element into their body to become one with their element. There are many possibilities and as such, here on LOLA we will allow you to create your own unique bending arts that grant powerful abilities or effects on the world.

As the name suggests, only Benders are capable of learning Bending Arts techniques. However the Avatar's themsleves have been incapable of creating or learning and known Bending Arts. In constrast only Non Benders are capable of learning Constitution Arts techniques. These techniques have been known to hold great power and are said to be capable of even competing with the Avatar in their Avatar States. Only those who have a higher learning of the Bending or Constitution skill trees can have access to these sorts of abilities. Further information regarding when and how a person can learn Bending/Constitution Arts techniques can be found here:

Training System
Skills System

Bending/Constitution Arts are also said to be able.to accomplish feats such as states of spiritual enlightenment and an even rare cases fusions or combining with Spirits and their Spirit Guardians. These abilities reqiure serious time and training and can only be gained by word training inly and not via purchasing with training points.

While these techniques are very powerful they are also fairly rare and extremely hard on the body and spirit to master. That being said, users can only have acess to.three Bending/Constitution arts throughout their entire life time. So we advise when making these techniques you take your time and think them out since no more slots shall be given, nor will the staff allow people to create and exchange arts! The template and the area in which create and put your Bending/Constitution Arta for grading and approval can be found in the Bending Center area of the site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bending System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bending System   Bending System Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bending System
Page 1 of 1