Legends of the Last Avatar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An au RP forum based on the Avatar: The Last Airbender series. Make a character and live out your bending dreams, with some added twists and turns from the show.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Important Peopls

Fire Lord Huo Shan
Earth King: Verrock
Tribal Leader: Ryūnosuke Himura
Air Guru: None
Latest topics
» Rendezvous in a Secret Place
Skill System V2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 7:15 pm by Baritone

» Enter the White Lotus
Skill System V2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 6:52 pm by Kuzon

» Intercepting Fist
Skill System V2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 6:33 pm by Kuzon

» Baritone Rolls
Skill System V2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 1:52 pm by Kuzon

» Baritone Update
Skill System V2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 1:06 pm by Kuzon

» Baritone Sonnet
Skill System V2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 1:03 pm by Kuzon

» Kuzon's Updates
Skill System V2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 9:14 pm by Kuzon

» Kuzon's Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandkid... Kuzon
Skill System V2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 7:23 pm by Kuzon

» Hiatus Over! [Reopening?!]
Skill System V2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 7:19 pm by Kuzon

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posters
Kuzon
Skill System V2 I_vote_lcapSkill System V2 I_voting_barSkill System V2 I_vote_rcap 
Verrock
Skill System V2 I_vote_lcapSkill System V2 I_voting_barSkill System V2 I_vote_rcap 
Ryūnosuke Himura
Fong
Zach
Amon
Ginara
Okami
Huo Shan
Alucard

Skill System V2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kuzon
Kuzon

Skill System V2 Empty
PostSubject: Skill System V2   Skill System V2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2018 3:25 pm

There are six skills available to choose from here at LOLA. Each skill is unique and can be combined with other skills to make quite useful combinations. Each character starts with one skill at the lowest level and then can train up to three skills of their choice to a level based Untrained to Grand Master. Once you purchase or train up a skill, you cannot trade up, so choose wisely. In addition, each skill has access to sub skills which can further diversify want a person can accomplish.  

Sub skills must be trained and can only be trained up until the point the main skill has been trained. You must be at least EXPERT Level in a main skill tree before to begin able acquire or train sub skills. A person is only capable of acquiring two sub skills. When training two sub skills within the same skill tree the user can raise them UP to Grandmaster level. However, if a person has two sub skills and one of them are in separate main skill tree than the first than they can only master the skill to the Master Level.

For further info on training and acquiring skills and other things refer to the training system found here: Training System

The Three Skills

Bending:

Bending is the ability to manipulate an element and is significant to many aspects of life in the World of Avatar. There are five known bending arts; four of them bend a specific physical element while the fifth bends the energy within the human body itself. The four elemental bending arts are based on the four classical elements, water, earth, fire, and air, and each is manipulated through certain martial art styles which are reminiscent of the qualities of the element itself. While bending is traditionally performed through the motions of one's hands and feet, certain benders are able to effectively manipulate their element with only minimal movement of their body, such as by using just their head or torso. In even rarer cases, benders are able to perform their bending without the aid of any physical movement at all, by instead using sheer focus and force of will, a skill known as psychic bending.

Untrained: At this level of skill, you only have ONE element and cannot learn any sub-elements.

Novice: At this level of skill, you are able to begin to learn sub elements of your primary element. But you cannot learn a secondary element.

Advanced: At this level of skill, you are able to learn a second element, but none of its sub-elements.

Expert: At this level of skill, you are able to learn the sub-elements of your secondary element. You are now also able to create and learn your first Bending Arts tech ique

Master: At this level of skill, you are able to learn Combined-Element sub-elements. You are now also able to create and learn your second Bending Arts technique.

Grandmaster: At this level of skill, you are able to use "Psychic bending", otherwise known as bending without any movements. You are now also able to create and learn your third and final Bending Arts technique.

• Sub Skill: Spirituality

Spirituality: Spirituality is the connection of a human to the Spirit World. Those with high levels of Spirituality can see, communicate, and even control spirits. One who has mastered spirituality is even able to bring themselves or others into the spirit world through Astral Projection or to empower themselves with the energy from the spirit world. The spirituality sub skill is usable by both benders and non benders. However for non benders spirituality is accessible through the Constitution Skill tree instead of Bending Skill tree and requires a powerful connection with ones body and spirit.

Skill Ranks and Perks:

• Sub Skill: Innate Connection

Innate Connection: Is the ability to further connect with the power of bending. It is a skill that allows benders to manipulate their elements to a higher extent then the average bender. Having a deeper connection allows a bender to expend less of their energy on wasted movements, saving energy for more attacks, their connection to their bending also allows them to use it to greater effect, dealing more damage than normal. More advanced users are even able to use their experience and understanding to aid them in learning more advanced forms of bending.

Skill Ranks and Perks:

Last edited by Kuzon on Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://l-o-l-a.forumotion.com
Kuzon
Kuzon

Skill System V2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill System V2   Skill System V2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 3:13 pm

Constitution:

Constitution is the ability to manipulate the state of one’s body in terms of health, vitality, and strength to many aspects of life in the World of Avatar. This skill can allow people to manipulate the state of their body to levels that allow them to compete with benders. This is done by typically enhancing parts of a person’s body to buff stats allowing them to temporarily surpass their normal limits. The constitution in terms of benders becomes less potent allowing them to only receive half the boosts from the skills and passive buffs. In addition, benders are only capable of learning one sub skill of Constitution.

Untrained: At this level of skill, you are able to passively have a boost of 5% to your base Strength, Speed, and Endurance stats.

Novice: At this level of skill, you are able to passively have a boost of 10% to your base Strength, Speed, and Endurance stats.

Advanced: At this level of skill, you are able to passively have a boost of 15% to your base Strength, Speed, and Endurance stats.

Expert: At this level of skill, you are able to passively have a boost of 20% to your base Strength, Speed, and Endurance stats. You are now also able to create and learn your first Constitution Arts technique.

Master: At this level of skill, you are able to passively have a boost of 25% to your base Strength, Speed, and Endurance stat. You are now also able to create and learn your second Constitution Arts technique.

Grandmaster: At this level of skill, you are able to passively have a boost of 30% to your base Strength, Speed, and Endurance stat. You are now alsp able to create and learn your third and final Constitution Arts technique.

• Sub Skill: Chi Blocking

Chi Blocking: Chi blocking is an ancient technique that has been practiced in secret for centuries. Blocking someone's chi renders the victim's muscles useless and temporarily disables a bender's abilities. In more advanced forms, it can render someone unconscious or without access to their bending for some time.

Skill Ranks and Perks:

• Sub Skill: Hyper Mode (Non Benders Only)

Hyper Mode: Hyper Mode is an ancient technique that has been practiced in secret for centuries. It allows non benders to past the physical limitations on their body to greatly increase their stats for a short period of time. However it comes at a cost of damaging ones body and causing them to be left susceptible for further attacks.

Skill Ranks and Perks:
Back to top Go down
Kuzon
Kuzon

Skill System V2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill System V2   Skill System V2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 3:13 pm

Weaponry:

Weaponry is the ability to create, wield, and use weaponry or items. Weapon based combat allows people to hit enemies with attacks harder than the average physical attacks in addition to increased range or piercing ability. Weapons also allow for more variety in forms of combat, ranging from a sword, bo staff, whip, kusarigama, chains, brass knuckles, and much, much more. Using weapons not only enhances your combat, but makes your attacks hit harder, or your defense that much more steadfast. The more rare your weapon, the more powerful it makes you, but you must have understanding of weapons, to wield them with more power.

Untrained: You can use a weapon/item of the common rarity level. Weapons/Items at this level are capable of attacking or defending at an increase value of 5% to the strength/endurance stat. (This is an additional bonus effect regardless of weapon/item unique abilities.)

Novice: You can use a weapon/item of the common rarity level. Weapons/Items at this level are capable of attacking or defending at an increased value of 10% to the strength/endurance stats. (This is an additional bonus effect regardless of weapon/item unique abilities.)

Advanced: You can use a weapon/item of the Rare rarity level. Weapons/Items at this level are capable of attacking or defending at an increased value of 15% to the strength/endurance stats. (This is an additional bonus effect regardless of weapon/item unique abilities.)

Expert: You can use a weapon/item of the Rare rarity level. Weapons/Items at this level are capable of attacking or defending at an increased value of 20% to the strength/endurance stats. (This is an additional bonus effect regardless of weapon/item unique abilities.)

Master: You can use a weapon/item of the Exceptional rarity level. Weapons/Items at this level are capable of attacking or defending at an increased value of 25% to the strength/endurance stats. (This is an additional bonus effect regardless of weapon/item unique abilities.)

Grandmaster: You can use a weapon/item of the Legendary rarity level. Weapons/Items at this level are capable of attacking or defending at an increased value of 30% to the strength/endurance stats. (This is an additional bonus effect regardless of weapon/item unique abilities.)

• Sub Skills: Crafting

Crafting: Crafting is the ability to create your own items, weapons or equipment from raw materials. Someone who is skilled in crafting is able to create Legendary Class items that are worth a lot of gold, or are very powerful.

Skill Ranks and Perks:

• Sub Skill: Technological Advancements

Technological Advancements: TA is ability to enhance items you have created or bought with further gear. It allows items to do things that would not normally be able to do such as heat tracking or aim assist. In rare cases it allows one to enhance their body with technological advancements to allow them to do things the natural body is incapable of doing such as enhanced vision. It is an essentially an ability that allows the user to create items that enhance the base usage of items or even their own bodies. These technological advances are general more expensive than average item creation and thus during creation requires an additional of 10% gold on creation. (This sub skill can only be learned starting from the Advanced Rank.)

Skill Ranks and Perks:

[THANKS TO MUGETSU FOR THIS SYSTEM]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skill System V2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill System V2   Skill System V2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skill System V2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legends of the Last Avatar :: General Information :: Rules and Systems-