Legends of the Last Avatar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An au RP forum based on the Avatar: The Last Airbender series. Make a character and live out your bending dreams, with some added twists and turns from the show.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Important Peopls

Fire Lord Huo Shan
Earth King: Verrock
Tribal Leader: Ryūnosuke Himura
Air Guru: None
Latest topics
» Rendezvous in a Secret Place
The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 7:15 pm by Baritone

» Enter the White Lotus
The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 6:52 pm by Kuzon

» Intercepting Fist
The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 6:33 pm by Kuzon

» Baritone Rolls
The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 1:52 pm by Kuzon

» Baritone Update
The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 1:06 pm by Kuzon

» Baritone Sonnet
The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 1:03 pm by Kuzon

» Kuzon's Updates
The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 9:14 pm by Kuzon

» Kuzon's Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandkid... Kuzon
The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 7:23 pm by Kuzon

» Hiatus Over! [Reopening?!]
The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 7:19 pm by Kuzon

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posters
Kuzon
The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] I_vote_lcapThe Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] I_voting_barThe Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] I_vote_rcap 
Verrock
The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] I_vote_lcapThe Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] I_voting_barThe Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] I_vote_rcap 
Ryūnosuke Himura
Fong
Zach
Amon
Ginara
Okami
Huo Shan
Alucard

The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zach
Dai Li
Dai Li

The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Empty
PostSubject: The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong]   The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 5:31 pm

The night air chilled Zach's face as a gentle breeze caressed his cheek with the grace of a warm woman while he perched. He felt the moisture of the fog rolling in, but he did not see it for his eyes were closed. He sat, balanced on a safety railing on the balcony of one of the higher buildings on Ember Island. In fact, he was quite sure he was not supposed to be there, and wondered how he would talk his way out of the impending arrest once he was caught. Zach sighed, mentally willing himself to regain focus on his meditation, but it was to no avail, and his mind slowly began to wander once more.

He'd chosen this location for his - training, if one could call it that - because of the rumors he'd heard, of the fantastic view and feeling of serenity that people seem to experience when visiting the location. Supposedly, that's why it was not open to the public. Well... that, and because it was a noble house. Zach wasn't sure which and he did not rightly care. Anybody who caught him here probably couldn't... catch him. And he had a lot of time on his hands, as the noble from Ba Sing Se that he was guarding was currently in a meeting that the leader of the Dai Li was not given the authority to be a part of. The Earth King would hear about this for sure... Zach was supposed to have a higher clearance than anyone not named Verrock. That said, it was all so boring, so Zach did not really argue.

So there he sat, visibly frustrated that he continued to fail to enter the Spirit World. He was sure that this place would be the key, positive that the feeling of serenity that people experienced was not entirely natural, but caused because the area was a spiritual catalyst. But... perhaps he was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Fong
Fire Nation Civilian
Fire Nation Civilian
Fong

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong]   The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 11:58 pm

Fong had decided to take a nap. She had just returned from Crescent Island and needed rest. The journey is one she had to take by ship. She was constantly sea sick while traveling on the water. The constant up and down motion did not help her and it is not just that. She thinks about her phobia of tsunami's as well. After a long two days of business, it is time to rest and desocialize. She lays in bed on her back closing her eyes for a second. Fliptwinkle is already asleep. He did not hear her when she returned home. She never took him with her when she made her weekly visits.

She took her finger and created a small flame about as long as her finger. concentrating, she started twirling her finger to create a funnel with the fire. Adding a bit more energy, she extended it and made a sphere. Making shapes with fire was a way for her to get her mind away from life, however all she could think of was what was said. The next meeting was next week and it was a very important one. The meeting of important people with the earth king was also next week a day before. Names have not been disclosed to anyone, but important information about the literal future of the world was being discussed with these people. He said that whatever was discussed will make its' way back in time to act drastically. Slowly she closed her eyes and entered a world not at war.

Fong awoke with the sun no longer in the sky and Twink in her arms. He must have cuddled up to her when he woke up. She was surprised that she did not squish him. She rolls over a lot in her sleep. Getting up without waking Twink, she tiptoed down stairs. She sits down in the kitchen and stares outside for a few minutes just letting her mind wonder. As a kid, she did this in class and often got in trouble. Not yet awake, she grabbed some water and stood at the balcony doors. The moon was not out tonight so the stars shined extra bright tonight. Walking out, she kept straight and walked to the edge seeing the waves of the ocean. Looking up, she turned to her left to see even more stars and then to her right. However she screamed when she fixated on something that was not stars. She dropped her cup of water and shot lightning at the man sitting on her balcony.
Back to top Go down
Zach
Dai Li
Dai Li

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong]   The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 5:02 pm

Zach sat quietly as this strange woman came outside, silent, wondering almost playfully how long it would take for her to realize there was an intruder on her property. It took until she was standing just a few feet from him, as she looked over and caught sight. Zach expected to be yelled at, or even pushed. What he did not expect, however, was an immensely powerful lightning strike aimed at him. He yelped, leaping to his in shock, now balanced on the railing, as his life flashed before his eyes. But that was just it - the lightning flashed before his eyes, missing just barely. It was enough, however, to cause him to flinch and leap backward, landing on his back on this new person's balcony.

"Are you fucking crazy?! Who goes around just shooting lightning at people?!" Zach was more horrified than angry, wondering how in the hell that was this woman's first instinct. "A mans just tryna meditate here and you're over here zapping him with a billion joules casually, you crazy woman!!" Zach didn't bother attempted to stand, he knew his knees would be jell-o anyway, so he just laid there, struck with terror.
Back to top Go down
Fong
Fire Nation Civilian
Fire Nation Civilian
Fong

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong]   The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 5:13 pm

Fong was not even mad when the man yelled at her. All she could do was laugh at the sound he made when he moved. He look horrified at what she had just done. "Are you crazy? First off, why are you on ma porch? And second off, people shoot each other with lightning all the time. It was low voltage anyway just a little tease. Honestly, it was more reflex than anything."

Now that he was away from her house, she did not know if she should interrogate him. Maybe some rocks falling would freak him out some more. Or maybe she should just go inside. She honestly could not make up her mind. She did not see herself as a horrible person so playing with and terrorizing a man that is already scared was probably off the list. He did not appear to be a bad man himself. "So meditating? Have any good results?"she asked.
Back to top Go down
Zach
Dai Li
Dai Li

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong]   The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 5:24 pm

Initial shock mostly over, Zach found the strength to sit up and laughed, nervously at first, but then it grew into a more genuine, gasping laugh that caused him to pant slightly. "Low voltage my ass, you wanted to kill me!" This comment was made more in jest than anything this time, and his laughing subsided. He leaned himself against the wall now for support, and he looked at the girl calculatingly, wondering whether she was going to call the authorities. It'd probably be bad for the relationship between the Earth Kingdom and the Fire Nation if he were arrested. Well... he wouldn't be arrested, but they'd probably attempt to.

Finally, he found it to be a good idea to answer her questions. "Well, because it's pretty up here? Look at this view, it makes me feel peaceful. Where else would someone meditate?" He sighed before continuing. "But no, no results. I've been attempting to... well... astrally project myself into the Spirit World. Have you any idea how to do that?" His playful and joking personality was not showing through, as he was thoroughly fuckin shook, and also still quite frustrated for the lack of results.
Back to top Go down
Fong
Fire Nation Civilian
Fire Nation Civilian
Fong

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong]   The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 5:46 pm

Fong laughed with him. She was not scared of the man because she knew she could easily kill him. She would not kill him because he looked genuine in what he said. "Well, I am not going to kill you but Miu might; the neighbor, yeah he shot a bird once and ate it for diner." She walked over to the chair and sat down. She gestured for him to join her. She looked out into the vast ocean. The waves were crashing on the shore and the stars were bright. It appeared to be early night based on the slight glow of the horizon.

How long had he been out here? He was obviously earth kingdom based on his clothes. She wondered if he knew any more elements or if he was just an earth bender. Many questions flowed in her mind. It did not seem appropriate to ask such things of a guy she almost shot with lightning. She really did not mean to miss but it was low voltage. She could have used so much energy that the lightning could have ran cobalt blue. She could have scorched him. Like she said, it was reflex. "The spirit world? Why would you want to go there? You cannot even bend or they say you can't. I love my bending and would not want to loose it just to see some ghost. Why would an earth bender be at Ember Island to meditate at a nobel's house?"
Back to top Go down
Zach
Dai Li
Dai Li

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong]   The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 6:19 pm

The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] New_ki10

The Leader of The Dai Li

Post accidentally deleted? XD mb

Last edited by Zach on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fong
Fire Nation Civilian
Fire Nation Civilian
Fong

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong]   The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 6:45 pm

Fong relaxed more now that the man had joined beside of her. "The spirit world in my opinion just sounds so lame. But who am I to say what is lame. I have been in the same little square my whole life so I picture the whole world like this." The more she thought of it, the more she could see that the spirit world does sound pretty cool. She could understand after a second of thought. Her whole life she had been told that if she hated it in where she lived, anywhere else would not be any better. That if she went anywhere else she would be in the same boring lifestyle without people she knew. Fong's brother had been everywhere in the world. Well, to the biggest cities in each bending area. So really, her opinion's were based on what she had heard. She had always wanted to explore the world. She really wanted to go to Omashu. In history classes, she always found their mailing systems fascinating.

If this man could make it to the spirit world he could say he has been there. That was something she had not heard much. From what she had heard, only the most strongest of benders could achieve this ability. She looked at the man. She started wondering who he was. He had to be strong, as many earth benders were. He had the muscles of a man who constantly used them. From learning earth herself, she knew that it was heavy and stubborn. She origionally wanted to learn water but it was not her style. "So, my name is Fong. I think it is rather interesting that you want to go into the spirit world. Are there any ways I could help in helping you achieve this goal of yours? I know we just met with you sitting outside of my house, but I also know that only a select few can make it. If I can be, I want to be of assistance."
Back to top Go down
Zach
Dai Li
Dai Li

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong]   The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 2:24 pm

Zach wrote:

The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] New_ki10

The Leader of The Dai Li

For a rather long, and perhaps slightly uncomfortable pause, Zach regarded Fong quietly. Truthfully, he did not know if she could help. But... nothing else had been succeeding... a new approach simply could not hurt. After perhaps a solid minute, Zach spoke. "Alright, close your eyes. First, focus on your breathing. Breathe in... slowly, and hold it. Then, release. Breathe in the peace, the emotions of your surroundings. Connect with the earth, with the elements. Allow yourself to be influenced by your surroundings." The idea was that Zach guided her as she followed his instructions.

"The gentle breezes are of a tired night, the gusts of wind are of anger and frustration. The ground is far away... allow yourself to feel the separation of the earth, its solitude." Zach would go on, relating emotions to the environment. The peace of the city at night, with no one out, no sound, would begin to beat on him, and his frustration would begin to evaporate. In fact, if Fong did this correctly, she could begin to feel Zach's frustration from a lack of success, and she would begin to feel it drip away as he was influenced by his surroundings. Zach, on the other hand, would begin to feel Fong's curiosity seep into him as if it were his own heart.

Back to top Go down
Fong
Fire Nation Civilian
Fire Nation Civilian
Fong

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong]   The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 2:03 am

Fong had no idea what the purpose of this was but she did as he spoke. She listened to his voice felt the words, completed the words. Eventually she felt light headed from taking the deep breaths. She opened her eyes and relaxed for a second. She did not understand how this would help him. She had forgotten that a total stranger had been on her house. She had forgotten that she had almost killed him. Fong felt in some way connected to him. Was it all of this energy? She could not even begin to understand. Staring off she tried to free her mind. They always said to meditate correctly was to clear the mind. Lots had happened recently so her mind was clouded very darkly. She stopped hearing the voices of Jazan. She stopped seeing the map. For once, Fong let go and her tight knot fell apart. She felt at ease and free from the weight of her job. She took a breath, lifted her body, and closed her eyes. She did as he had said earlier. She took a breath and let it go. She let her emotions flow away with the wind. She took the weight of her responsibilities and let the earth swallow them. The freshness she now felt flowed like water. Her soul felt new, energized and strong like fire. She continued wondering what was supposed happen and enjoying the feeling of being free.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong]   The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Birth of The Artisan [Flashback / Fong]
Page 1 of 1